BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 18, 2007

memories...

As many of you already know - and those of you who don't - my parents are moving. The have begun the destruction. See - Mom and Dad aren't just MOVING - their house is being demolished. In place of their house with be trees? Hopefully.

I have been asked if I am sad. I should be - I am. Sort of. I mean this is my childhood home. The only HOME I have known, ever. I do know that I am so happy for my parents. Mom finally gets the kitchen she has been wanting for, how old am I again? And dad well he'll get his special space too. Less fixing up too!

So back to me being sad... I think maybe when I see it - or not see if for that matter - I might be. Mom sent me some pictures this weekend. One of them was a wall from my bedroom. I decided to display my artistic abilities (or lack thereof) on my wall. It was left unfinished. But it's there. Mom asked me if I wanted it and I just laughed. Yeah mom - I'd love a piece of wall. That conversation was before I saw MY WALL. I told James about the picture and he asked if my Dad was going to cut it out and frame it or something. I laughed but then thought. Ya know. That might be cool. Conversation piece that's for sure. So now. Do I have a piece of wall added to the pile of "STUFF" that my parents are putting in their new basement. (Thanks again Mom and Dad BTW). I don't have much more time to think about it. Maybe the picture will be just enough.

So again am I sad... I think I'm sad that The Hood is breaking up. There will never be neighbors like the ones my parents have/had.

Bittersweet.


The unfinished wall

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, Linda I am sorry you are sad... Do you think you will be able to come back to STL before they are out completely??