BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Canada Day and Happy "4th" of July. I was watching the news this morning and I actually gave a little chuckle and then pondered what I just saw. I was watching our local news which I watch in sequence with The Today Show. I flip. I have about a 15 minute window in the morning in which I flood my brain with the news in the States and the News here. The newscaster made the comment about it being Independence Day, or as many of us Americans refer to as 4th of July. It does sound kind of funny. It's like we're celebrating the date only and not what it stands for... something to think about. Independence Day I suppose is a bit of a mouth full... funny stuff to think about.

Next year I have already informed my Canadian Friends that they will be invited to a "4th of July" party next year in which they will be required to wear RED WHITE _AND_ BLUE. On Canada Day (1st of July) several friends asked what I would be doing on the 4th of July. Well nothing. It's not like in the States. So I thought why not have a party! I think I should be celebrating these separate holidays if nothing else for Zada. She should know where she comes from and what these holidays mean.... that then means TWO THANKSGIVINGS !YES.. too bad there arn't two different Christmas'! That would rock...

Nothing exciting has really happened besides the holidays. Unless you consider me cornering a ground hog in the back yard. That was damn exciting but very anti climatic. Once you corner a groundhog what are you suppose to do with it ? Exactly - so get the heck out of dodge groundhog AND LEAVE MY VEGGIES ALONE ALREADY! I haven't seen that sucker back again! Job Done.

Speaking of garden...





I purchased and planted a black/violet pansy and I love it. When I mentioned it to Zada's teacher (from last year) she asked if I was feeling morbid. I always find black flowers kinda cool. How often do you see such things? I planted it right next to a very purple flower to add contrast. It's growing really well and is spreading. Check it out! Love that plant!



Here's a picture of Zada from the last day of school with her little buddy who showed up with the same swim suit. She has another friend (a third friend) with the same suit also! It's SOOO cute!!!!!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the black pansy too... morbid or not..
love you Jenn