BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 14, 2008

Tibute to Aunt Jan

This tribute is to my amazing Aunt Jan. She taught me everything there is to know about being on a beach. So the story goes a little something like this. A couple, ok several years ago when I was a youngin and before our lake was established with....water we used to visit a beach near our house. This was always a full family event, parents, aunts, uncles and grandparents. This particular day we had been working on building a mega sandcastle. When I say we it was mainly my sister and my Aunt Jan, I was a little young. I can remember this sandcastle being pretty big and if I remember correctly it even had a mote. Upon completion and being super excited about our creation some bratty kid came running through our kingdom and smashed it to smithereens. That's when Aunt Jan prevailed and yelled at the kid. I don't remember exactly how things went down but I do remember giving my Aunt a new name.  She has been nicknamed, Aunt BOB. Bitch Of the Beach. 

In following my Aunts footsteps I am proud to say that some little kid somewhere is probably calling me BOP. Bitch Of the Pool. Last Thursday Zada and I made our trip to the pool near our house. This was the third day that week we had been. It would haven't been fourth but the pool is closed on Mondays. It seems to me that there are a lot of older kids, 12 or 13 with nothing better to do than fool around at the pool. Normally I would be happy to see kids doing something constructive with their day than say, spray painting the local playground equipment or causing trouble among the neighborhood. However these kids are really rough and rude and disrespectful. After being there for three days and watching the lifeguards do more babysitting than watching to make sure my kid didn't drown I was fed up to say the least. I didn't mention that on Wednesday on of the boys got his face smashed in the side of the pool and had to go to the hospital. 

On Thursday there seemed to be about 10 of these older boys in the deeper end (where I happened to be sitting on the side of the pool) playing rough and now allowing the younger ones around. Two of the boys were playing dodge ball with a soccer ball and one of them threw it and it went flying right past me. My knee jerk reaction was to yell "HEY WATCH IT!" Then they started a splashing war right in front of me. I had it and I told them to knock it off that was enough. They weren't too pleased with me but inside I was grinning because I knew exactly what Aunt Jan felt that day at the beach!

So cheers to BOB! Thanks for being an awesome role model!!!

0 comments: