BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"That was Awesome"

Saturday was the perfect "outside" day. The temp was relativly warm and we got periodic snow showers. James and I decided to take Zada tobagganing again incase winter decided to end. (Little did we know that its not ending anytime soon). Off we went to "the dog walking park" and it definitly was flooded with walking dogs egar to play in the snow!

We went to the same hill before however this time it had about 5 inches of fresh snow so it slowed the hill down quite a lot and made the decent a little softer on mom's tailbone!

Some kids had built a little jump half way down the hill and my little daredevil wanted to try it out. At first my motherly instincts kicked in and I said NO! I kept getting asked over and over till finally I caved. You're not supposed to do that in parenting but I let it slide this one time.

"Sure Zada you can go over the jump, get on the sled."
"mom, what will happen to me when I go over the jump?"
"I guess we'll see" *PUSH*
The next thing we all see is a little girl catching flight like a small bird just leaving the nest. I also knew at that moment she would be landing face first in the snow. I also knew that this would probably be tramatising for her and that there would be massive screams. So down the hill I ran as fast as I could. Sure enough once her face hit the snow her world ended. Once I got her to realize that she was a live and there was no blood and that life would still go on she settled down. I drug her in the tobaggan the entire way to the car and she didn't speak a word. When we finally got to the car she had just one last thing to say...

"MOM THAT JUMP WAS AWESOME!!!"








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been sledding in years, and wish I could go out again sometime.

Growing up I held the neighborhood "world record" for longest jump at the sledding hill at ~24ft.