BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, April 09, 2007

Let the "Reno's" Begin!

As they say Spring has sprung - you wouldn't know it if you stepped outside. Or looked outside Easter morning and noticing the SNOW on the ground. We were laughing that we had more snow on Easter than we did on Christmas!

It seems that up here in the north when Easter Long Weekend hits  so do the house projects. As some of you know we are refinishing out kitchen cabinets. If you also know it's been quite the process. (Pro-cess). Last summer when my parents were up, my dad (who has built, refinsihed, worked on, constructed and you name it with cabinets) gave James and I some ideas on products to use. Once the cold hit the cabinet working STOPPED. We had been working 
in 0ur garage due the amount of sanding and dust and well frankly we got burned out.

Saturday we made a trip to Home-Depot, (You can do it, We can help!) along with everyone else! Not sure how it happened but the interest in finishing the cabinets became overwhelming to me. We picked up a different product as the one we were using was sold out and we also picked up some different scraping tools instead of steal wool.

I have been spending my day working on the last two doors on the finished side and I am so thrilled at our new products. It really seems to be working better. Learn as you go. My goal is to get the cabinet doors finished by the end of the summer. I'll keep you posted!

I haven't forgotten about Easter.. how could I with the amount of candy and easter grass laying everywhere in our living room! Oh and also that last plastic Egg the silly bunny hid that Zada can't seem to find! lol I will have new pictures up with an exciting story this week!


0 comments: