BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 08, 2007

JLZ BREAKING NEWS

This is a rant. Observation.

So I sit down to my computer after dropping Zada off to school and read various news websites to see what's happening in the world today. I check MSNBC, KSDK, Weather Channel and CNN. Sometimes I'll check CBC/Ottawa. Today I only got as far as CNN.com before I felt the need to rant... complain. The topics are kind of sad. They are as follows:

In the bar at the top of the page - the BREAKING NEWS - the THIS IS SO SERIOUSLY IMPORTANT WE MUST DISPLAY IN BRIGHT RED (or sometimes Yellow). "O.J. arrives at courthouse for hearing on robbery charges." Have we not given this man enough attention. Who cares about this guy, really? I find it sad that this is considered BREAKING NEWS. So down the line I go. What's next? "Grandpa gets wrong kid from school." I chuckle poor old guy. I check to make sure it's not my Dad or Father-in-law (j/k). Nope. Next. Oh what's this - "Don't panic! Your weird baby is likely normal." *PHEW* This has to be a relief to a lot of parents out there. I think 
headline that made me start blogging and STOP reading the news/headlines was when I got to this one: "Priest accused of stalking Conan O'Brien."  What's wrong with people today. I guess everyone tends to ask these questions at times.

At least the weather looks good for when we'll be in St. Louis!!! It's looking like we will be leaving Ottawa with snow flurries.